Ddol Afonwen Methodist Chapel was first built in 1830. This was rebuilt in 1884, to the design of Mr Hughes of Denby, in the Romanesque and Vernacular style of the gable entry type. This small chapel has a central entry with a porch and flanking arched windows (clearly blocked doorways of the 1830 chapel). By the late twentieth century Ddol Afonwen had fallen into disuse.
Photographs supplied by Lee Wetton Clwyd Monumental Inscriptions.
Source: www.clwyd-mi.co.uk: Coflien