Bangor on Dee War Memorial

Bangor On Dee (Bangor Is Y Coed) War Memorial is located on the banks of the River Dee in front of St. Dunawd’s Parish Church. The memorial commemorates those who lost their lives locally. The memorial was designed by the Liverpool sculptor, Herbert Tyson Smith and dedicated on Sunday 24 May 1925.

Those commemorated on Bangor On Dee War Memorial:

BOFFEY, Edward
CARR, James
DUNN, Robert Henry William
FEARNALL, Frederick Hugh
FENWICK, Roger Mansel
GOSWELL, Thomas Ernest
GRAVENOR, Henry George
HAYCOCKS, Joseph
HUMPHREYS, George
HUMPHREYS, Hary
LLOYD-JONES, John Arthur
LLOYD, Frank
MATHEWS, Thomas
ORMROD, Lawrence Moreland
ORMROD, Oliver Hugh
REES, John
ROBERTS, Harry
ROGERS, Harry
SHONE, Ernest
STANTS, William
STUDLEY, Thomas
WILLIAMS, Thomas
WILSON, Edgar

Back to Wrexham War Memorials.


Source: Bangor On Dee War Memorial; Graham Lloyd.