Bryn Seion Chapel is located on Clayton Road, Pentre Broughton.
Built as a Welsh Congregational Church, an inscribed stone over the entrance records (in Welsh) that the chapel was built in 1840 and rebuilt in 1860. The original chapel had been established in a converted dwelling house in 1802, but a new chapel was built in 1840; a successor built in 1851 collapsed and was replaced in 1860. It closed as a chapel in 1968.
When it closed it was to lay derelict for many years. The burial ground was used for a rubbish tip until 2012 when the Broughton & District History Group became involved and started to clean up the debris that years of neglect had left behind.
We have managed to list 93 names, some of the headstones are extremely difficult to access and read.
Search the records here.