We have recently added the first batch of 539 records and some headstone images, with more to follow. This is still a work in progress but have received many requests for information. Please note that [more]
To search records, here*. St. Mary’s church replaced an earlier church that stood a little distance away called St. Johns. The first church, which was consecrated on 31 July 1838 (St. Johns), unfortunately, collapsed because [more]
Bryn Seion Chapel is located on Clayton Road, Pentre Broughton. Built as a Welsh Congregational Church, an inscribed stone over the entrance records (in Welsh) that the chapel was built in 1840 and rebuilt in [more]
St. Johns Baptist Church, Bettisfield Built by Lord Hanmer in 1873 the church is now a grade ll* listed building. It was built entirely at his own expense and only the finest materials were used. [more]
St. Chad’s Church, Holt To search the records click here*. *Membership Required. The earliest documentary reference to the church is in 1379 but it is thought that it was established around the 1280s. Additions were [more]
The earliest known documentary evidence for a Hanmer connection with St Chad is in the charter of Leofric, Earl of Chester AD 1043, (Thorpe’s Diplomatarium Anglicanum p.352) in which he bestows upon his newly founded [more]
To search records click here*.