St. Davids Church, Froncysyllte.
St David’s church is located on the south side of the A5, set back from the road at the edge of a large rectangular churchyard used as a cemetery.
This church was opened in 1871 as a combined shool and chapel of ease, similar to that at Eglwyseg. It is constructed of squared rock-faced rubble with sandstone dressings under slate roofs. When built it consisted of nave, which for school use could be screened off from an apse of five sides, with a bell-gable at the junction, and a gabled porch on the west end wall. The apse was replaced with the present chancel in 1914. The church is lit through lancet windows. The font is of Cefn stone, octagonal basin, and inscribed: ‘One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism’. Stained glass is attributed to Comper.
To search records click here*.